GENRE—–Pattern, Style, Form, Structure.
- Why is genre important to storytelling?
- Genre’s elements influence the construction of the ‘text’ and the perception, expectations, and reading/interpretation of the audience/interactor.
- Both the construction and reading of the text are based on the commonly understood language of signs and conventions adopted by genres
- What are the main elements of genre?
What specific signifiers of genre are associated with music and how do they work on audiences?
Genre of Music
- Indie-indie rock, indie folk,
- Heavy metal
- Pop- dream pop, …
- vapor wave
- easy listening music/ambient
- world music
- experimental music
- OST/Film Soundtrack
These music can work for different purpose. I have different list of music in my player based on the way I want it to help me.
- Work: some fresh electronic music
Mark Redito (fka Spazzkid) – Desire 願う (Side A)
- Study: classical music can help me set up memory of the knowledge
Mozart: Piano concerto n. No. 21 in C major, K.467 Pollini-Muti
- Doing Exercise: I like listening to Hip-Hop when I run because the strong beat with high speed can empower me when I get tired.
Kanye West – BLKKK SKKKN HEAD
- Bathing/Doing Housework:
some familiar pop song that I like to sing with/ or just listening with. My mom listening to her favorite old songs to practice singing for Karaoke when she is doing housework at home.
- Before Sleep: peaceful, slow
Song on the Beach—Acre Fire
- Wake up Alarm: peaceful, powerful groove.
Tom Misch – In The Midst Of It All (feat. Sam Wills)
Groovy music or extremely relax music like Jazz Hip-Hop, dream pop,
Chill Instrumental Hiphop & JazzHop Mix (Part 1/5)
- For Sad Mood:
The song I really found touching me and make me cry.
9 Crimes—-Damien Rice
- In Underground: since the environment is very noisey, i usually listening to indie rock on underground.
Most Popular by Genre
Hunicke, R. et.al. MDA: A Formal Approach to Game Design and Game Research Available at: http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~hunicke/ MDA.pdf
Blade Runner and the Postmodern use of Mise-en-scene, A.R. Duckworth
Purpose of Music Video
History of Computer Art